Why Churches Should Use E-Mail
1. E-mail is old school, but it still very useful.
2. Consumers want e-mail services. (Web sites should have prominent e-mail contact listings)
3. E-mail is not passive.
4. Think of e-mail as customer intimacy on a mass scale.
5. E-mail must factor into one's whole organizational strategy.
6. Don't think of mass marketing, think in terms of relational contacts.
7. Keep e-mailings simple, short, and focused.
One further point:
If your church has developed an e-mail newsletter:
- Keep your e-mail list up-to-date (e-mail lists change often)
- Provide a way to unsubscribe and subscribe
- Be diligent about the quality of your e-mail newsletter. If it lacks relevancy and quality it will be valued as any spam would be.